Scientific Papers Published or In Press, 2010
- Levine RS, Rust G, Pisu M, Agboto V, Baltrus P, Briggs NC, Zoorob R, Juarez P, Hull P, Goldzweig I, Hennekens CH. Increased Black-White Disparities in Mortality Following Life-Saving Innovations: A Possible Consequence of United States Federal Laws. Accepted for publication. Am J Pub Health. November 2010. PMID: 20864727 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC2951928
- Wen X, Chakrabarty S, Talmadge JB, Levine RS. Factors Associated with Obstructive Sleep Apnea among Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers. Accepted for publication. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. PMID: 21270659 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Hennekens CH, Schneider W, Levine R. African-Americans and cardiovascular disease: A major and avoidable contributor to disparities in mortality. In . In Hampton RL, Gullotta TA, Crowel RK Editors. Handbook of African American Health. New York: Guilford Press. 2010.
- Hull P, Emerson J, Reece M, Schlundt D, Levine R, Husaini B. Nashville’s Safety Net. Report to the Metropolitan Davidson County Department of Health. April 2010.
- Levine RS, Sanderson M, Juarez P, Agboto V. Assault mortality in male youth ages 15 to 24 years and alcohol-related mortality among male adults ages 25-64 years in U.S. Counties. Accepted for presentation. Society for Epidemiologic Research. June 20-23, Seattle, Washington. Forthcoming. Am J Epidemiology. 2010.
- Goldzweig I, Briggs NC, Schlundt D, Levine RS, Juarez P, Zoorob R. An Academic, Business, and Community Partnership to Translate Lifesaving Scientific Evidence About Adolescent Health. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Into Practice. Southern Medical Association’s Annual Scientific Assembly. December 3-5, 2009. Dallas, TX.
- Husaini BA, Hull PC, Cain V, Samid Z, Sampson U, Levine RS. Ten year heart failure trends in a southern state: An analysis by race and gender. American Society of Hypertension. May 2-4, 2010. New York, NY.
- Husaini BA, Hull PC, Cain V, Samid Z, Sampson U, Levine RS. Racial disparities in heart failure. International Interdisciplinary Conference on Hypertension and Related Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Ethnic Populations, July 9-11, 2010, Arlington, VA.
- Austin S, Martin M, Levine RS, Pisu M. Breast cancer screening interventions in selected US counties. Cancer Causes Control. 2010. Dec;21(12):2165-72. Sep 4. [Epub] PMCID: PMC3010185; NIHMSID: NIHMS254769
- Fry-Johnson Y, Levine RS, Rowley DL, Agboto V, Rust G. United States Black:White infant mortality disparities are not inevitable:Identification of community resilience independent from socioeconomic status. Ethn Dis. 2010 Winter;20 (1 Suppl 1):S1-131-5.*
- Husaini BA, Mensah GA, Sawyer D, Cani VA, Samad Z, Hull PC, Levine RS, Sampson WKA. Race, gender and age differences in heart failure-related hospitalizations in a southern state:Implications for prevention. Circ Heart Fail. Circ Heart Fail. 2011 Mar 1;4(2):161-9. Epub 2010 Dec 22. 2010 Dec 22.* PMID: 21178017 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC3070602
- Ali, S., Patel, T., Jabeen, S., Bailey, R. & Khan, J. (2010). Dmg Non-Compliance in Psychiatric Practice, A Review. Psychiatric Annals, 40 (12), 611-615. PMCID In Process. Psychiatric Annals is not on the journal list of Pub Med Central, however, the authors are in the process of requesting permission for the article to be submitted to the Pub Med Central in order to comply with the NIH Public Access Policy.
- Dent, L., Cardona, C, Buchholz, M., Scott, J., RooseveU Peebles, MD, Derrick Beech, MD, and Ballard, B., Soft Tissue Sarcoma with Metastasis to the Stomach: A Care Report. (2010). World Journal of Gastroenterology, 16(40): 5130-5134. PMCID: PMC2965292
- Farrell K, Dent L, Nguyen ML, 14. Buchowski, M. Bhatt, A., & Aguinaga, M. (2010). The Relationship of Oxygen Transport and Cardiac Index for the Prevention of Sickle cell Cn&Q^. Journal of the National Medical Association, 102(11): 1000-7. PMCID: PMC3072584
- Levine, RS, Rust GS, Pisu M, Agboto VK, Baltms PT, Briggs NC, Zoorob R, Juarez PD, Goldzweig I, Husaini BA. Hull PC, Kilboume B, Hennekens CH. (2010). Increased Black-White Disparities in Mortality Following Life-Saving Innovations: A Possible Consequence of United States Federal Laws. American Journal of Public Health, 100:11, 2176-2184. PMID: 20864727. PMC29519286
- Nation M, Collins L, Nixon C, Bess K, Rogers S, Williams N, and Juarez P. Fall 2010. A Community-based participatory approach to youth development and school climate change: The Alignment Enhanced Services Project. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action, 4(3). E-ISSN: 1557-055X Print ISSN: 1557-0541. PMID: 21203827. PMCID
- Washington, W. & Matthews-Juarez, P. (2010). Training a New Culturally Competent Workforce in Public Health Practice. Ethnic Online. Does not appear to be a peer review journal; Hence, No PMCID Needed.
Scientific Presentations 2010
- Zoorob R, Sidani M. Barriers to Type 2 Diabetes Care in African Americans. has American Academy of Family Practice Scientific Assembly. Denver, CO. September 30 – October 2, 2010. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Aguinaga M, Ekadi GA, Levine RS, Sanderson M. Mortality from sickle cell disease: Geographic and ethnic variation within the United States. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Ekadi GA, Hampton A, Aguinaga M, Levine RS. Geographic variations in heart disease mortality and socioeconomic status (SES) in Davidson County zip codes, Tennessee: Do differences in geographic levels of analysis matter? Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Goldzweig I, Schlundt D, Juarez P, Zoorob R, Everage-Smity P, Moore W, Levine RS. An academic, business, and community partnership to translate lifesaving evidence about unintentional motor vehicle injury into practice. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Hull P, Candeo JR, Beech BM, Buchowski M, Reece M, Akohoue S, Zoorob R. Cultural tailoring of a childhood obesity prevention program for Hispanic families. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Juarez P, Levine RS, Samaniego V. Youth violence surveillance: Four perspectives. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Juarez P. Informatics as the nexus between public health and juvenile justice. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download
- Juarez P. CBPR: Leveling the playing field. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO. PUB MED Link PDF Download