Scientific Papers in Press or Under Journal Peer Review 2011
- Yang X, Moriarty C, Chakrabarty S, Turney A, Levine RS. Psychological distress in a national survey population. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. November 7-10, 2010. Denver, CO.
- Kilbourne B, Cummings SM, Levine RS. Alcohol diagnoses among older Tennessee Medicare beneficiaries:Race and gender differentials. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2011 May 25. doi: 10.1002/gps.2740. *
- Aliyu MH, Lynch O, Nana PN, Alio AP, Wilson RE, Marty PJ, Zoorob R, Salihu HM. Alcohol consumption during pregnancy and risk of placental abruption and placenta previa. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2011 Jul; 15(5):670-6. (Aliyu not bolded because his role in this work was not supported by the Disparities Center)
- Ali, S., Jabeen, S., Arain, A., Wasef, T., & Ibrahim, A. (2011). How to Use Your Clinical Judgment to Screen for and Diagnose Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures without Video Electroencephalogram. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, 8(l):36-42. PMCID: PMC3036551
- Matthews-Juarez, PA & Juarez, PD. (2011). Human Genome Sequencing, Cultural Competency, and the Elimination of Health Disparities. Social Work in Public Health, 26:349-365. DOI:10.1080/19371918.2011.579043. PMID: 21707345. No PMC number. Taylor & Francis will submit the article on her behalf. (see policy below regarding doing PMC Number).
- Sledzinska, A., Mielech, A., Krawczyk, B., Samet, A., Nowicki, B., Nowicki, S., Jankowski, Z., & Kur, J. (2010). Fetal sepsis in a 23-year-old pregnant woman with pyelonephritis caused by Escherichia coli bearing Dr and P adhesions: diagnostic value of postmortem genotyping of isolated strains. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 118 (2), 266-269. PMCID In Process. The Journal is not on the journal list of Pub Med Central, however, the authors are in the process of requesting permission for the article to be submitted to the Pub Med Central in order to comply with the NIH Public Access Policy.
- Pawelczyk, E., Nowicki, B., Izban, M., Pratap, S., Sashti, N., Sanderson, M., & Nowicki’ S. (2011) Spontaneous Preterm Labor is Associated with an Increase in the Proinflammatory Signal Transducer TLR4 Receptor on Matemal. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 10: 66. PMCID: PMC2972234
- Wroblewska-Seniuk, K., Nowicki, S., Le Bouguenec, C, Nowicki, B., YallampaUi, C. (2011). Matemal/fetal mortality and growth restriction: The role of nitric oxide and vimlence factors in intrauterine infection in rats. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 205(1), 83.el-83.e7. PMCID: PMC3143246
- Williams, P. Epps, A.C. & McCammon, S. (2011). The Strategic Impact of a Changing Curriculum and Leaming Environment on Medical Students Academic Performance. Journal of the National Medical Association. PMCID In Process- was submitted in September, 2011 (within the last 3 month).
- Xie W, Chakrabarty S, Levine R, Johnson R, Talmage JB. Factors associated with obstructive sleep apnea among commercial motor vehicle drivers. J Occup Environ Med. 2011 Feb;53(2):169-73.*
- Zoorob R, Kihlberg C, Taylor S. “Aging and Disease Prevention.” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2011Nov;27(4):523-529
- Levine R, Rust G, Kilbourne B, Aliyu M, Pisu M, Zoorob R, Goldzweig I, Juarez P, Husaini B, Hennekens CH. “United States Counties with Low Mortality Rates Among Black Men.” Annals of Internal Medicine. Submitted August 12, 2011
- Zoorob R, Sidani M, Murray J. “Croup: An Overview.” Am Fam Physician. 2011May;183(9):1067-73
- Zoorob RJ, VanBeber M, Patel I. “Sore Throat.” In: Signs and Symptoms In Family Medicine: A Literature Based Approach. Paulman P, ed. Mosby Publishing. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2011
Published Abstract and Posters: 2011
- Levine RS, Kilbourne, B, Agboto V. Correlation of infant mortality and multiple causes of death. North American Congress of Epidemiology. June 21-24, 2011, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Am J Epid. 2011.
- Nguyen TB, Zoorob RJ, Kalliny MI, Durkin KM, Fields A, Sidani MA. “Predictors of Non-Compliance in Patients with Type II Diabetes.” Southern Medical Association’s Excellence in Clinical Leadership Conference. Williamsburg, Virginia, November 3-5, 2011
- Hasek M, Levine RS, Kilbourne B, Zoorob R. “Differences in Mortality Rates from Acute Myocardial Infarction after Implementation of a Comprehensive State-Wide Smoking Ban in New York State.” American Public Health Association Annual Conference and Exposition. Washington, DC, October 29 – November 2, 2011 Submitted
- Zoorob R, Kalliny M, Sidani M, Akohoue S , Levine R, Durkin K. “Chronic Disease Management Program. Does It Improve Health Outcomes? Preliminary Results” Washington, DC, October 29 – November 2, 2011
- Zoorob R, Akohoue S, Sidani M, Hayes C, Patel K. “Barriers to Diabetes Self-Management in African-Americans Patients and Self Care.” 44th STFM Annual Spring Conference. New Orleans, Louisiana, May 1, 2011
Scholarly Presentations at National and Regional Scientific Meetings: 2011
- Agboto V, Setodji CM, Goodman KM, Levine RS. A new method for community selection in disparities research. Research Centers in Minority Institutions. December 6-9, 2010. Nashville, TN.
- Juarez PD, Nelson C, Akanji D, Samaniego VB, Oyeleye MS, Levine RS. Enhanced community academic ties through social networking. Research Centers in Minority Institutions. December 6-9, 2010. Nashville, TN.
- Levine RS, Fry-Johnson Y, Goodman KM. Measuring US disparities in neonatal mortality, 1919 to 2006. Research Centers in Minority Institutions. December 6-9, 2010. Nashville, TN.
- Aliyu MH, Kilbourne B, Goodman K, Zoorob R Levine RS. Trends in US mortality (1979 to 2006) from causes classified as having 100% alcohol-related attributable risk in States with monopoly and licensure controls of alcohol sales. American College of Preventive Medicine. February 16-19, 2011. San Antonio, TX.
- Mandeep K V-B, Martin M, Levine RS, Nagy TR, Pisu M. Disparity in mammography utilization among Medicare beneficiaries from high breast cancer mortality counties. Society of Preventive Oncology. March 5-8, 2011. Las Vegas, NV.
- Haker J, Chakrabarty S, Levine R. Reported Lead Incidents in the Adult Blood Lead Epidemiology and Surveillance (ABLES) Database: A Descriptive Study of National Trends.2002-2008. American Occupational Health Conference. March 26-29, 2011. Washington, D.C.
- Turney A, Talmage J, Watkins M, Johnson R, Elam G, Levine R, Chakrabarty S, Wang X, Amponsah N. Prevalence of medical review board medical conditions in commercial drivers. American Occupational Health Conference. March 26-29, 2011. Washington, D.C.
- Arain AM, Singh P, Bangalore-Vittal N, Song Y, Cain V, Samad Z, Husaini B. Emergency Visits and Hospitalization for Status Epilepticus in Tennessee over Eight Years: Variation by Race, Age and Gender. American Academy of Neurology. April 9 -16, 2011. Honalulu, HI.
- Moonis M, Cain V, Hull P, Samad Z, Levine R, Husaini B. The Effect of Depression on Treatment Cost of Stroke: An Analysis by Race and Gender. American Academy of Neurology. April 9-16, 2011. Honalulu, HI.
- Moonis M, Cain V, Hull P, Samad Z, Levine R, Husaini B. The effect of depression on treatment cost of stroke: An analysis by race and gender. American Academy of Neurology. April 9-16, 2011. Honolulu, HI.
- Zoorob R, Akohoue S, Sidani M, Hayes C, Patel K, Zoorob R. Barriers to Diabetes Self-management in African Americans Patients and Self Care. 44th STFM Annual Spring Conference. New Orleans, Louisiana. April 27 – May 1, 2011.
- Aliyu M, Eugust E, Zoorob R, Salihu H. Inter-pregnancy weight change and risk of diabetes and preeclampsia in the second pregnancy: a population based study. American College of Preventive Medicine, Preventive Medicine 2011. San Antonio, TX. February 17-20, 2011
- Kalliny M, Zoorob R, Sidani M, Durkin K, Akohoue S, Levine R. Chronic disease management program: Does it improve health outcomes? Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. April 27-May 1, 2011. New Orleans, LA.
- Husaini B, Hull P, Cain V, Samad Z, Okafor H, Levine R, Sampson U. Heart failure hospitalization in Tennessee (2006-2008): Race, age, and gender analysis. American Society of Hyptetension. May 21-24, 2011. New York City, NY.
- Husaini BA, Hammond M, Hull P, Novotny M, Cain V, Samad Z, Sampson U, Levine R, Moonis M. Role of depression in stroke: An analysis of stroke-related hospitalization cost of 17,010 Tennessee patients in 2008 by race and sex. International Society of Hypertension in Blacks (ISHIB). July 8-11, 2011 Boston MA.
- Hasek M, Levine RS, Kilbourne B, Zoorob R. Differences in mortality rates from acute myocardial infarction after implementation of a comprehensive state-wide smoking ban in NY State. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. October 29-November 2, 2011. Washington, D.C.
- Zoorob R, Kalliny M, Sidani M, Durkin K, Akohoue S, Levine RS. Chronic disease management program. Does it improve health outcomes? Preliminary results. Accepted for presentation. American Public Health Association. October 29–November 2, 2011. Washington, D.C.
- Snell H, Durkin K, Aliyu M, Zoorob R, Hayes. Barriers to diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome among medical and behavioral health professionals.” American Public Health Association Annual Conference and Exposition. Washington, DC. October 29-November 2, 2011