- Clark, R.S., Pellom, S.T.; Booker, B.; Ramesh, A.; Zhang, T.; Shanker, A.; Maguire, M.; Juarez, P.D.; Matthews-Juarez, P.; Langston, M.A.; Lichtveld, M.Y.; Hood, D.B. Validation of research trajectory 1 of an Exposome framework: Exposure to benzo(a)pyrene confers enhanced susceptibility to bacterial infection. Environmental Research, 2016. 146:173-184.
- Oyanna, T.J.; Matthews-Juarez, P.; Cormier, S.A.; Xu, X.; Juarez, P.D. Using an External Exposome Framework to Examine Pregnancy-Related Morbidities and Mortalities: Implications for Health Disparities Research. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2016, 13(1), 13; doi:10.3390/ijerph13010013.
- Juarez, Paul D. Appointment, Etiology of Health Disparities: Biological and Environmental Mechanisms Panel, NIMHD Science Vision of Health Disparities Research. NIMHD/NIH. March 2016 – present.
- Juarez, Paul D. Appointment, Tennessee Commissioner’s Council for Injury Prevention. March 2016 – present.
- Juarez, Paul D. Appointment, Director, Southeast Region, Intercultural Cancer Council. February 16 – present.
- Juarez, Paul D. Appointment, Disparities Advisory Panel. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Nashville, TN. Dec. 2014 – present.
- Juarez, Paul D. Appointment to the federal Advisory Committee on Minority Health (ACMH), US Department of Health and Human Services by Secretary Kathleen Sibelius. July 2014-2018.
- Juarez, Paul D. Appointed to the Community-Level Health Promotion Study Section, the Center for Scientific Review, National Institutes of Health. July 2013-2016.
- Juarez, Paul D. Guest Editorial Review Board, Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, Aug, 2015 – pres.
- Juarez, Paul D. Guest Editorial Review Board, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, July 2015 – pres.
- Juarez, Paul D. Guest Editorial Review Board, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2015 – pres.
- Juarez, Paul D. Guest Editorial Review Board, BMC Public Health. 2015 – pres.
- Juarez, Paul D. Editorial Board, Injury Epidemiology. 2013—pres.
PEER REVIEW PANELS
- Appointed Member. Community-Level Health Promotion Study Section, the Center for Scientific Review, National Institutes of Health. July
NATIONAL AND REGIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES
- Juarez, PD. Empowering communities to participate in biomedical research and precision medicine opportunities. National Latino Cancer Summit. San Francisco, CA. July 27, 2016.
- Juarez, PD. The Effects of Race, Ethnicity and Culture on Youth Homelessness & Health. Diversity in Public Health Summit. College of Public Health, the Ohio State University. April 9, 2016.
- Juarez, PD. Men’s Health Issues. Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN. April 13, 2016.
- Juarez, PD. Guest speaker. HealthWatch Fisk Radio. From zip code to genetic code. March 24. 2016.
FUNDED AND PENDING GRANTS
|Prenatal And Early Childhood
Pathways To Health (PATH): An Integrated
Model of Chemical and Social Exposures, Mechanisms, and Sex-‐specific
Effects on Neurodevelopment and Respiratory Outcomes (Karr C., PI)
Role: Juarez, PD, co-Investigator (subcontract)
|Memphis Youth Violence
Prevention Center. (Juarez, PD).
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for
Collaborative Center (TCC) to decrease
HIV/AIDS (H/A) disparities in the mid-South (Juarez, PD).
|Meharry Medical College (Juarez,
PD) no cost extension
NIMHD Health Disparities Research COE Subcontract
|HRSA Model Statewide AHEC
|IRise (McCullers, PI)
Role: co-Director, Community Engagement Core
Environmental Context of Health Disparities